Get ready to step back in time and immerse yourself in the captivating history and culture of York, as you explore its winding cobblestone streets, ancient city walls, and awe-inspiring medieval architecture.
This is a forum you won't want to miss!
York by night:
- York has a vibrant and diverse nightlife scene with something for everyone, whether you're looking for trendy cocktail bars, lively pubs, or buzzing nightclubs.
- The city has a rich history of brewing and distilling, with several local breweries and distilleries producing delicious craft beers, gins, and other spirits that you can enjoy at various bars and pubs around the city.
- York is home to several music venues that host live performances by local and international artists throughout the year, ranging from indie and rock to jazz and classical music.
York by day:
Did you know:
- The city of York is said to have more ghosts per square mile than any other city in the UK.
- The York Minster's Great East Window is the largest expanse of medieval stained glass in the world.
- York was home to the world's first railway station, The Mount, which opened in 1830.
- The city's medieval walls are the longest and best-preserved city walls in England, stretching 2.8 miles around the city.
- York is home to the Shambles, a narrow, winding street that dates back to the medieval period and is said to have inspired the design of Diagon Alley in the Harry Potter series.
- Guy Fawkes, who attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament in 1605, was born in York.